It’s Friday evening here in the UK, which can only mean one thing – namely, that I’ve been sat at the keyboard bashing together your weekly selection of free science fiction to read on the intartoobs. Here we go, fiction-fans…
There’s a lone novel at Manybooks.net:
- Mind + Body by Aaron Dunlap
There’s some old-school classics at Feedbooks:
- “The Eternal Wall” by Raymond Z Gallun
- “The Planet Strappers” by Raymond Z Gallun
- “The Cavern of the Shining Ones” by Hal K Wells
There’s a new edition of Clarkesworld Magazine, containing (among other good non-fictional stuff):
Here’s the usual monthly foursome from Apex Online:
- “A Splash of Colour” by William T Vandemark
- “The New Breed” by Michael A Burstein
- “Take Your Daughters to Work” by Livia Llewellyn
- “Behold: Skowt!” by Jason Heller
Plus some special Election Horror:
This week’s fictional output at Strange Horizons is the first part of “Return” by Eric Vogt.
Meanwhile, over at Subterranean Online there’s…
… a brand new story by recent Campbell award-winner, Mary Robinette Kowal. We hope you enjoy “Waiting for Rain” but should also point out that Mary’s posted a different, shorter version of the tale at her website. Read them both — we had trouble deciding which version to buy!
From Chris Roberson:
The good people at Pyr have published an original short story of mine, “Ill Met in Elvera,” as part of their “Sample Chapter” program.
Via SF Signal:
- Revolution SF presents “Night of Their Conversion” by Patrice Sarath
- MindFlights presents “Worlds Apart” by J.L. Gadberry
- Afterburn SF presents “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving
Here’s last week’s late Friday Flash:
- “Money” by Gaie Sebold
- “Silverlight” by Neil Beynon
- “Brute Force and Ignorance” by Phred Serenissima
And this week we have:
And there we have it, folks; should keep you busy for a while. Don’t forget to keep sending in your plugs and tip-offs and blatant self-pimpage; deadline 1800GMT every Friday. Have a great weekend!