Good grief, it’s Friday again! Where does the time go? Well, some of it obviously goes into scouring the RSS feeds of the genre scene in search of free fiction for you to read…
Two shorts and a novel at Manybooks:
- The Wonder by J D Beresford
- “The Barbarian” by Poul Anderson
- “He’ll Always Have Paris” by Joseph Devon
There’s a couple at Feedbooks:
- “The Man Who Came Early” by Poul William Anderson (insert your own joke here, ladies)
- “The Raid on the Termites” by Paul Frederick Ernst
Here’s one at Afterburn SF: “The Ambassador” by Mark Lawrence
The Fantasy & Science Fiction gang have another free sample up for your perusal: “The Only Known Jump Across Time” by Eugene Mirabelli
COSMOS Magazine has published one of its seemingly irregular fiction pieces in the form of the post-Singularity tale “A Place to Call Home” by Amber D Sistla
Fresh fiction from Mindflights: “The Book Signing” by Valerie L Smith
From Eos Books:
For November and December only, click to download a free eBook of Adam Troy Castro‘s novel Emissaries From the Dead.
Well, you heard ’em – get to it!
Strange Horizons presents the concluding part of “Return” by Eric Vogt
Via just about everyone, The New Yorker has a story by Jonathan Lethem called “Lostronaut”
Futurismic alumnus Tobias Buckell has a bunch of his stuff to try, including a big chunk of his latest novel, Sly Mongoose:
… I’ve folded the first third into an RTF file and put it up online, just like my segments for Crystal Rain and Ragamuffin. All three can be found around the website, and the broken links some reported have been fixed. So here they are:
There’s three fresh pieces at Byzarium:
- “Fists of Felt” by Nathan Crowder
- “Never on a Birthday” by Patty Jansen
- “Puppet Strings” by Terry Ollila
Via SF Signal:
- The November issue of Aphelion features stories from by T Richard Williams, Scott T Barnes, Joshua L Hamilton, E S Strout, Mary Brunini McArdle, Jeani Rector, Casey Callaghan, Ash Hibbert, K A Masters, Joel Doonan, and Kim Rush (phew!)
- Electric Spec comes as a PDF you can download. The new issue has stories from Tyree Campbell, S Hutson Blount, Jason K Chapman, Lyle Skains, and Bob Burnett
Big Pulp presents “Save Tomorrow With a Smiley” by James Bloomer
Here’s this week’s selection of Friday Flash Fiction:
- “Signs” by Shaun C Green
- “The Day the Aliens Came” by Neil Beynon
- “Sleep Now” by Gareth L Powell
- “Walker” by Phred Serenissima
- “Memories of Tiffin” by Gaie Sebold
Non-fiction bonus! Locus Online is hosting a PDF version of the October 2008 issue of Locus Magazine.
Well, that’s all for this week. You know the drill by now with letting us know about anything you or your friends are doing in the free fiction bracket, right? Right – deadline 1800GMT every Friday. Have a great weekend!
One thought on “Friday Free Fiction for 14th November”
Fair enough, but it’s a great story, sort of “A Connecticut Yankee” the way it would probably really happen.
Comments are closed.