Is it springtime yet? It keeps trying to act like it here, but then winter comes bounding back in out of nowhere and letting my hopes down. Still, at least I’ve got plenty to read while I’m sat inside with the heating running… and so have you, because it’s Friday free fiction time at Futurismic!
Just the one from ManyBooks:
- “The Gay Rebellion” by Robert W Chambers
A couple more pieces of fiction round off the winter issue of Subterranean Online:
- “Three Fancies from the Infernal Garden” by C S E Cooney
- “Her Voice in a Bottle” by Tim Pratt
Tim Pratt fans (and you should all be Tim Pratt fans) should keep a close eye on this here website in the weeks to come! 😉
New month, new issue of Clarkesworld:
- “Herding Vegetable Sheep” by Ekaterina Sedia
- “The Loyalty of Birds” by Rachel Sobel
Likewise with Apex Online:
- “The Mind of a Pig” by Ekaterina Sedia (what is it with Ms. Sedia and animal story titles, eh?)
- “The Puma” by Theodora Goss
- “Head Music” by Lon Prater
Strange Horizons presents “Diana Comet” by Sandra McDonald
Rudy Rucker curates the seventh issue of his delightfully-named Flurb webzine, which contains all this:
- Madeline Ashby‘s “Off Track Betting“
- Charlie Anders‘ “The History of the Internet“
- Terry Bisson‘s “Billy and the Flying Saucer“
- Brian Garrison presenting 5 SF Poems
- Cody Goodfellow‘s “The Squonk Hunt“
- Robert Guffey‘s “Initiation“
- Alex Hardison‘s “Clouds in the Night“
- Richard Kadrey‘s “Trembling Blue Stars“
- Kek-W‘s “Cobalt Imperium“
- Simon Logan‘s “And They Will Not Be Stopped“
- Adam Rothstein‘s “Growth Industry“
- Rudy Rucker & John Shirley‘s “All Hangy“
Guess who’s back? Yup, you guessed it – Shadow Unit is ramping up for Season 2 wirh “Lucky Day”
Courtesy of Chris Roberson, here’s his story “Two Birds”
Via pretty much everyone, Random House’s Suvudu genre fiction webhubsitecommunitythingy has a bunch of free full-novel PDFs to download. It’d be rude not to, wouldn’t it?
Via Nick Mamatas comes news of a new super-short fiction outlet; Brain Harvest has kicked off with a super short piece from Mamatas called “Patmos Like Pink Elephants“.
A message from the intriguingly named Kirk Ultra:
Hi, our website Electric Children has five short stories on it that I thought would be great for Friday Free Fiction. The first and newest is a sci-fi story called “Connector” by Dean Verheyen.
The second two are by Hillary Ferris: “Valentine” and “The Key“. And finally we have two short stories by Barbara Ann Crumm, “The Acid Journal” and “The General Store“. Hope you enjoy!
Via SF Signal we discover that Pyr is now offering The Crooked Letter by Sean Williams available as a free PDF download.
Speaking of SF Signal, it seem’s they are sticking with the bulk-posting of free fiction links, which if nothing else makes things a little easier for little old me…
Time constraints once again mean that I’ll be unable to catch all the Friday Flash Fiction offerings, but here’s a few carried over from last week. From Sarah Ellender we have “The Torture Orchestra“, while Sumit Dam has been churning ’em out: there’s “Damocles“, plus five microfictions under the title “Running Without Scissors“.
And there’s your lot! Don’t forget to drop us a line if you have any tip-offs; in the meantime, have a great weekend!
One thought on “Friday Free Fiction for 6th March”
I prefer to think of my stories as “lovingly crafted” rather than churned out 😉 The URL for “Damocles” has changed a bit: it’s now here. Thanks for the mention and apologies for any confusion.
Comments are closed.