It’s Friday evening here in the UK, which can only mean one thing – a big batch of free science fiction to read on the intertubes, of course! So, without further delay…
Just the one at ManyBooks:
- “The Calm Man” by Frank Belknap Long
And an old-school novel at FeedBooks:
- The Great White Queen by William Le Queux
Because he’s too modest to just step up and tell you himself, Futurismic blogger Edward Willett asked me to mention:
I’ve posted the first two chapters of my upcoming novel Terra Insegura (sequel to the Aurora Award-nominated Marseguro) to my new-and-improved website. Bonus: I’ve also posted MP3s of myself reading said chapters. Terra Insegura is published by DAW Books and will be in bookstores May 5.
Go take a look!
Season 2 of Shadow Unit continues with “Dragons”
Jason Stoddard presents chapter 5.2 of Eternal Franchise
Via pretty much everywhere:
Neil Gaiman, Lou Anders, Bryan Talbot, Hal Duncan, Catherynne M Valente, Chris Roberson, Paul S Kemp and Rhys Hughes contributed fiction and articles that are part of issue 5 of Heliotrope, an appreciation to the legendary writer, Michael Moorcock.
Go get your Elric on.
Subterranean Online presents “The Ascendant” by Ted Kosmatka
Strange Horizons presents “As He Was” by Kit St. Germain
Tor.com presents “Bugs in the Arroyo” by Stephen Gould
Here’s the stuff that the ubiquitous metaphorical feelers of SF Signal probed out from the week:
- Raygun Revival issue #52 features fiction by Andy Heizeler, L S King, Justin R Macumber, Keanan Brand, Jodi MacArthur, Martin Turton, Darrell B Nelson, and M Keaton
- PulpGen presents “The Chalice of Circe” by Willard Hawkins
Big Pulp presents:
- “Holding Fire” by Georgey Fluharty
- “Kenna’s Song” by Betsy Dornbusch
- “Long Way From Home” by Alice Folkart
And finally, some more free excerpts:
- Dead if I Do by Tate Hallaway
- World’s End by Mark Chadbourn
- The Discovery of Socket Greeny by Tony Bertauski
Here’s two weeks worth of Friday Flash Fictionto make up for me sloping off early last week:
- “Courtship Considered As Twelve Variations On The Game Of Chess” by Sumit Dam
- “Funeral” by Shaun C Green
- “GOOGLED24C36E6D230D48D” by Neil Beynon
- An excerpt from Gareth L Powell‘s forthcoming story “Fallout“
- “Huddle Formation” by Sumit Dam
- “Move On” by Neil Beynon
- “Lucy’s Toy” by Sarah Ellender
There you have it, folks. As always, get in touch if you have anything to plug, promote or recommend; our trained operators are waiting for your call – er, email. Have a great weekend!