Greetings, boys and girls – it’s Friday Free Fiction time here at Futurismic! I’m (technically) on holiday right now, so I hope you’ll forgive me skipping the preamble and getting to the nitty-gritty…
Just the one at Manybooks:
- “When Super-apes Plot” by Anthony Wilder
And one at Feedbooks:
- “Tulan” by Caroll M Capps
Guess who’s back? It’s the WTF Network, with a brief teaser for season 2 of Shadow Unit.
This issue includes short fiction from Jaine Fenn, author of Principles of Angels, and also from Sean Williams, author of the Astropolis series. You can also find fiction from Rod Slatter, Lee Giminez and Justin Ryan Schwan, and an interview with Michael Cobley, writer of Seeds of Earth, and the prologue and first two chapters of his book.
New month, new issue of Clarkesworld Magazine:
Here’s a vignette entitled “Vignette” about a character named Vignette. No prizes for guessing it’s by Jeff VanderMeer, then. 😉
Chris Roberson‘s getting back into the giveaways: this week’s offering is “Secret Histories: Jake Carmody, 1961”
Here’s the latest batch from Apex Online:
- “Dark Planet” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Cai and Her Ten Thousand Husbands” by Gord Sellar
- “A Plague From the Mud” by Alan Polson
- “Tearing Down Tuesday” by Stephen Francis Murphy
Jake Freivald writes to tell us that the new issue of Flash Fiction Online features a new piece by friend-of-Futurismic Jay Lake, amongst other bite-sized fiction morsels.
Strange Horizons presents “This Must Be the Place” by Elliott Bangs
Here’s the tidbits that were sifted out by the internet baleen of the SF Signal pod::
- Afterburn SF presents “Twilight on Phobos” by Michael Anthony
- Here’s a trio of tales from Reflections Edge: “Sheep Women and Dog Boys” by Ripley Patton, “All That Glitters” by Diane Gallant and “Keeping House” by Margaret Yang
- And at Lone Star Stories: “Chandra’s Game” by Samantha Henderson, “Eko and Narkiss” by Jeremy Adam Smith, and “On the Human Plan” by Jay Lake
- Ray Gun Revival #50 features original fiction by Lou Antonelli, Jeff Schnaufer, Robert Evans, George S. Walker and Andy Heizeler
- The latest issue of Sorcerous Signals is out with fiction by JJ Sergi, Rebecca Ip, Gerri Leen, Michael Drummond, Tory Brannigan, Joette Rozanski, Jon Ruyle, Kelly Madden, Lida Broadhurst, and James Stratton
- “The Patriot Witch” by Charles Coleman Finlay [warning – PDF download]
- Jeffrey A. Carver‘s Chaos Chronicles series – Neptune Crossing, Strange Attractors, and The Infinite Sea – have been added to the Baen Free Library. [note – I believe these are available from numerous other sources already]
As always, we’ll wrap things up with some Friday Flash Fiction:
- “The Time Before I Turn” and “Breaking the Cycle” by Shaun C Green
- “Overclockblocked” by Sumit Dam
- “A Place of Rest” by Gaie Sebold
And here’s another of Gareth D Jones‘ translations series; “Fear an Ghondola” is “The Gondolier” in Gaelic Irish.
That’s all you’re getting this time out. If there’s anything I’ve missed, you can blame it on me spending two whole days away from an RSS reader (yeah, I know; won’t happen again, I promise). But then if you’d sent in a message about it, I’d have known to include it… just a little hint for you there. 😉
Have a great weekend, folks.