Having shown the reader that your product (magazine subscription, book, story, etc) can do something for them, you need to inspire in them the desire to take the next step.
If you want them to download your podcast or subscribe to your magazine, you have to make them want to do it. You have to make the product look desirable. You have to make them want it. It’s no use having a crappy black and white sketch in your advert, you need an image that reflects what the readers want from a magazine – you need something that looks stylish and professional and good value for money. You have to offer them a discount or throw in something extra.
You have to show them how your product will fit into and enhance their lifestyle – how reading your book will make them the kind person they really want to be.
Some common things to tell people to make them want to buy or use your product include:
- It’s a limited edition
- It’s only available on a first-come-first-served basis
- It’s only available for a short time
- People they respect use the product
- If they don’t buy it, they will lose out
- It’s very easy to obtain
- It’s good value for their time and/or money
- Owning it will prove they have taste and intelligence